5.30.2012

Listen for the unwritten symphonies in your footsteps

Started out this morning with Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown. I found a copy of the DVD at the public library! Like I've said before, I am not a yoga person. I've always been incredibly intimidated by "yoga people". I have been trying lots of new things in the past few months health/fitness-wise, so I figured now is the time to give yoga a shot. I just did the Level One circuit (about 30 minutes of basic yoga moves). It was all body weight training, with reps of small movements included instead of just holding poses (then again, I'm not sure whether that's the "norm" or not). The workout felt good- I was working up a sweat but not gasping for breath.

After the yoga, I took my dog for a walk and realized that the blazing heat of the past few weeks had broken. It was cloudy, breezy, and even cool. I felt so good, I decided to go to a people trail and jog. In my younger years (haha) I ran this trail fairly frequently. I was never a hardcore runner, but I did run a lot for soccer training. This trail is 1.4 miles and I remember that I could run it in about 10:20 (not amazing by any means, but it got the job done for soccer fitness tests). Today, I started running with that time in mind. I wanted to compare. Yikes. I had to walk a few times, and I ended up finishing in 13:17. At least now I have a specific running-related goal to work towards! (Side note, the title of this post is what I was trying to chant to myself during my jog...)

Diet-wise, I have cheated slightly a few times (i.e. eating bowls of Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds), but I haven't had anything bad. I did get a Starbucks frappuccino today, but I controlled my urge to get a box of candy when we went to the movies. I'm counting that in the win column. We went grocery shopping tonight so I have all sorts of healthy options for the coming week. I'll have to start posting recipes!

I did this today! I'm sure I looked just like this too (haha)





No comments:

Post a Comment