5.21.2012

If you're tired of starting over, stop giving up...

Well... didn't take long for me to fall off the wagon. I got distracted with subbing, graduation, and job interviews (good things to be distracted by, at least!). Like I've mentioned before, once I miss a day, I find it so easy to slide back down the hill to my lazy ways. And no one wants to blog about how lazy they are when they should be working out and cooking healthy recipes. I'll be honest, it's been extremely hard for me to stay on track not just with cooking, but with healthy eating in general. I crave sweets morning, noon, and night; getting those cravings under control is not going too well. I need to come up with a plan (something that's strict but something I can actually follow) for what I can eat and when. More on that in the next few days.

I decided over the weekend that I'm going to mix up my fitness routine. I have two Jillian Michaels DVDs (Ripped in 30 and Extreme Shed and Shred)- in all, there are 6 different routines from these programs. So instead of doing the same weekly routine every day and switching on Sundays, I'm going to try doing a different routine every day (meaning I should be doing these workouts 5-6 times a week- another way to keep me in check). I started right in tonight (Monday) with 80 minutes of Extreme Shed and Shred. Yes, it was painful. I was drenched in sweat. I whined. I yelled at Jillian through the TV. Josh can attest to all of these things. But, an hour later, I feel amazing. Whether I'll be able to move enough to do a workout tomorrow is another story... :)

3 things I want to start focusing on for this blog:
         1. Trying out some new moves and picking out a "Move of the Week", which I will share on Mondays. (I definitely need a jazzier name than "move of the week" but I can't come up with anything right now).
         2.  Sharing workout songs I particularly like. Warning to all you music snobs: there will be terrible, lame, and ridiculous pop music and guilty pleasures, and I won't be ashamed to share them with you.
         3. Picking one facet of healthy eating/living that I will try to incorporate into my routine that week. My thought here is that I can't just change everything in my life and expect to stick to it and not cheat. Instead, if I focus on one or two things each week, they will be routine by Saturday. This week, I'm starting simple and basic: Drink more water. Always have it, drink throughout the day. Easy enough, right?

Move of the Week (Week One):
The Plank... Master it, because I will be putting up a ton of variations on this move. It's awesome.



That's all for now. I promise to be back next time without such a long hiatus.


No comments:

Post a Comment