6.14.2012

And now, for something completely different...


It's me! I haven't disappeared... I've been on vacation in the lands of Iowa and Minnesota for the past 10 days or so. I have always been bad about keeping up with exercising and healthy eating during vacations (why run on the beach when you can lay on it??) and this trip was no different. If I'd have thought ahead, I would have come up with a doable vacation workout plan. But the trip came up before I knew it, and when the time came, I was just not prepared to try to workout on top of everything else (you know, sleeping in, spending time with family, checking out new places).

So instead of making this a typical post, I decided to share some highlights of my trip:

1. We visited my sister and brother-in-law in Iowa. Not only is my sister my favorite person, but we got to spend a lot of time planning out DIY projects for my upcoming wedding! I also found a cheapo dress at Old Navy to wear in the engagement pics (more on this in a minute)...

2. The first thing we did in MN was visit the Mall of America. I like shopping, and this place is one hell of an experience. I usually run out of steam by the 2nd floor, which I'm sure suits Josh just fine. At Barnes and Noble, I did pick up a bargain priced Pilates book called Pilates Practice Companion. I haven't had much of a chance to explore it, but it starts with an introduction to the benefits of Pilates and a "baseline"- record of your beginning strength, alignment, breathing, stability, flexibility, etc. I am hoping to start trying some of the Pilates in this book beginning next week after I record my baseline. I'll measure it again in 6 weeks and see where I stand!

3. Engagement pics! Josh's cousin is a photographer, and it recently occurred to us to ask her to take our pictures. Here's just a preview of the end result:

So cool, right? She takes some ah-maz-ing portraits (especially of her super cute kids) so go check out her Facebook page!

4. I got to explore downtown Minneapolis for the first time. I love spending time in MN and I love Josh's family (they have an annual family reunion each summer). Josh and I have seriously discussed moving there. We shall see...

5. Getting out of the car after the 11 hour trip. There's no place like home.

Josh and I are planning to go out to the lake tomorrow, which means I have an opportunity to be his drill sergeant for another workout. Yay!

1 comment:

  1. I love your new blog design! Woot! Awesome post, too!

    ReplyDelete